Bubble Gum Fraction Unit
Thanks for checking out our collection of fraction websites. The activities are arranged by “I CAN...” statements that reflect the goals in the fraction unit. Click on the rectangular image of the site to get there. Let us know if you find any other sites to add to the list. This is a work in progress. Enjoy!
- I CAN... make a drawing to show that fractions are equal parts of a whole and label the unit fractions.
- I CAN... use a fraction to name part of a whole or a collection.
- I CAN... create intervals on a number line to show unit fractions.
- I CAN... name points on a number line as fractions.
- I CAN... show how two fractions can be equivalent.
- I CAN... compare two fractions with the same numerator or with the same denominator.
- I CAN... show whole numbers as fractions.
- I CAN... name fractions greater than 1.
Homework: Flipped Classroom
In the “flipped classroom”, students watch a short video or tutorial at home to activate new or prior knowledge before they are introduced to a concept in school. This page is set up with videos you can watch after you do your math homework that will get you thinking about the fraction concepts you will work on in school the next day. Just find the homework you did tonight below and click on the image to the right to take you to the video.
Here are a couple videos to watch just to get you started with fractions.